Thank you for chairing a session at the 2016 Rural & Remote Telehealth Conference.
Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again here prior to your session. You will also find the program details in the Conference App and in the printed Pocket Program.
Below are some tips to assist you with the chairing process:
Most importantly, please ensure you start and finish all presentations on time and keep to the order in the program.
Before the Session
- Review the abstracts for your session which are available on the conference website.
- Abstracts & presenter biographies will also be available on the conference app. Use this information to introduce the speakers. Ask the speaker how much of their biography (available on the conference app) he/she wishes for you to use. Sometimes a paragraph is enough.
- A printed copy of abstracts and presenter biographies will also be provided in each room for the session chair.
- Please go to your session room 10 minutes prior to the start time to meet the presenters, to familiarise yourself with the room and to introduce yourself to the AV Technician allocated to your room. There will be a technician in the room throughout the session who will assist with uploading presentation files for each presenter and troubleshooting technical issues should they arise.
- There will be a space reserved for the session chair in the front row of each room with time cards (5 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute), and a bell for signaling the end of each presentation.
- Advise the presenters that you will be signaling the time and ringing the bell when they have to stop.
- Presenter’s will load their presentations with the in room technician at least 2 hours prior to the commencement of their session. If they have not done so, please direct them to the technician.
- Presenters will be asked to sit in the front row of the theatre so they can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- You will be advised of any housekeeping items or program updates by the registration staff or committee. Please announce these at the beginning of the session.
- There will be a Q & A microphone on a stand in the aisle. Please ask a member of the audience to be a ‘microphone runner’ if required or direct delegates asking questions to go to the microphone.
During the Session
- Begin the session on time by asking that all electronic devices are turned to silent.
- Please use your phone to keep to time (your phone is more accurate than having individual clocks).
- Please use the lectern microphone to introduce the presenters and at the end of the presentation for questions.
- Introduce each presentation with the title, the presenter names and affiliations, and brief biography overview.
- If a presentation is withdrawn, a presenter does not arrive, or a presentation finishes early do not bring the next presentation forward, use the time for questions. Delegates will be planning to come to presentations based on the published session times.
- Ensure each session starts and finishes on time.
- At the end of each presentation, be prepared to ask a question if no questions are forthcoming from the audience and if time allows.
- Do not ask any questions if the presenter has used all their allocated time.
- At the conclusion of the session, thank the presenters and present them with their gift (these will be located at the space reserved for the session chair in the front row of the room).
- Use any remaining time for questions and discussion.
- If you have any queries, please direct these to the registration desk during the conference, or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conference.