Thank you for presenting at the Rural & Remote Telehealth Conference 2016.
Please check the online conference program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- Please bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB (embed any content such as audio or video – don’t link to external files).
- Visit your presentation room at least 2 hours prior to your session to meet with the assigned AV Technician and upload your presentation to the computer system. This will allow you and the technician to identify any potential issues with your presentation. The registration staff will be able to direct you to your room.
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a back up, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program. This should be coordinated in advance and any approved laptop/device must be presented to the in-room technician on your arrival at the conference.
- Note: Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are in 16:9 aspect as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the venues screens.
- Abstracts will be available on the conference website and also in the conference app. We will be emailing app download instructions to all delegates prior to the conference.
- Presenter biographies will also be available on the conference app.
- The conference will seek your consent to post your presentation slides to the conference website following the event. Consent forms will be available in your presentation room and need to be signed prior to your presentation.
During the Session
- Please go to your session room 10 minutes prior to the start time to meet the session chair and familiarise yourself with the room.
- An A/V technician in your room will assist you and troubleshoot any technical issues in the unlikely event these arise.
- Please sit in the front row so you can move to the lectern quickly when introduced by the Session Chair.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the online program and on the conference app. Please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated session length includes time for questions. We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.
- The session chair will flash time cards at 5 minutes, 2 minutes and 1 minute prior to the end of your session.
- At the end of your session the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately.
- The chair will only be able to ask questions if you have finished in time.
- At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- If you have any queries, please direct these to the registration desk during the conference, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conference.
Note to Workshop Presenters
Workshop presenters are reminded that their audience will be expecting a workshop style session and not an extended presentation of their submitted abstract.
To assist in the facilitation of workshops, your room will be set cabaret style (open ended round tables), with a white board, flip chart and makers available in the room.
Workshop presenters are encouraged to contact Conference Design with any questions prior to the conference on email@example.com.